Parts Warranty Policy
Standard Part Warranty:
All parts sold by Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage come with a standard 90-day parts only warranty. This protects our customer on the part purchased for 90 days from the date of purchase. If the part fails, Jerry's will repair, replace or refund (our choice) the part for our customer.
One Year Extended Warranty:
A one-year extended warranty can be purchased on all parts we sell. This will protect our customer on the part only, for a period of one year from the date of purchase. The cost of this to our customer is 15 percent of the purchase price. If the part fails within the one-year warranty period, Jerry's will repair, replace or refund (our choice) the part for our customer.
Extended warranties must be purchased at the same time as the covered part is purchased.
None of the parts we sell come with a Labor Warranty. You can purchase a Labor Warranty on some of the parts we sell. Labor warranties can only be purchased on the folowing parts if they are installed by an approved ASE certified shop.
- Engine: Must have a minimum purchase of $500
- Transmission: Must have a minimum purchase price of $350
- Transaxle: Must have a minimum purchase price of $350
- Transfer Case: Must have a minimum purchase price of $200
- Rear End Assembly: Must have a minimum purchase price of $250
- Front Axle Assembly: Must have a minimum purchase price of $250
When a Labor Warranty is purchased it will protect our customer on a portion of the costs of repairing or replacing the part purchased if the part fails within the warranty period. Jerry's will pay labor at a rate of $50 per hour according to "Mitchell" flat rate. All repairs and replacements must be approved by Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage before any work is done—failure to do so will result in voiding the warranty. Payment is limited to the purchase price of the part or $500 the lesser of the two. The cost of this coverage is 20 percent of the purchase price. Labor warranties must be purchased at the same time as the covered part is purchased.
Regarding engines: Accessories such as alternators, starters, water pump, intake and exhaust manifolds, fuel injectors, carburetor,flywheel, brackets, oil pressure switches, thermostats, smog emission devices, and timing belts are complementary if still attached to the engine and do not necessarily come with the engine. these parts are also not covered under the Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage limited warranty, and we do not guarantee interchangeability of these items.
At the time of installation of engines and in order to maintain coverage under the warranty, it is required that the installer:
- Install a new thermostat
- Change oil and filter prior to starting
- Replace timing belt
- Flush and check radiator flow
- Install new oil seals and gaskets where necessary (oil leaks are not covered under warranty.)
- Keep invoices for parts purchased
- Retain all service and maintenance records
Regarding Transmissions, it is required that the installer:
- Replace all external seals
- Replace filter and fluid
- Flush transmission cooling system including lines and cooler
- Properly seat torque converter on an automatic transmission
Regarding air conditioning compressors, it is required that the installer:
- A new receiver dryer and orifice MUST BE installed (and invoice for these parts are required for warranty coverage).
Other Warranty information:
Warranty is void if heat tabs are melted, removed or missing from any engine purchased from Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage, for any reason.
We must be notified of any faulty engine or transmission as soon as possible, after installation and while still installed in the vehicle.
Defective engines and transmissions must remain installed in vehicle until an authorized Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage representative can confirm the defect.
Improper installation methods will void warranty.
Any merchandise or invoice marked AS-IS will void the limited Warranty. This means NO WARRANTY—NO RETURN.
Buyer agrees that Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage will not be responsible for:
- Incidental or consequential damage
- Lost profits, sales or income
- Injury to person or property
- Oil, antifreeze, or other substances
- Towing charges, storage fees, substitute transportation, lodging, etc.
- Purchase price or labor on fluids, seals, filters, gasket kits, oil pumps, or any other accessories out customer purchases to be used on the part purchased from Jerry's Auto Salvage.
All returns must be accompanied by a Returned Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) and the original invoice. Please contact your sales person to obtain that number. We cannot guarantee a credit or refund without the RMA# clearly stated on the package or invoice.
Any claim made after the expiration of the warranty will not be considered.
Parts not defective may be returned within 10 days of purchase. These are subject to acceptance by Jerry's Auto Parts & Salvage and will have a 20 percent restocking charge if accepted. We do not accept wiring or electrical returns. altered or damaged parts are not returnable. body sections which have been cut to order are not returnable. To be returnable, the parts must be in the same condition as when sold. Our warranty policy is applicable to in-stock parts only. all brokered and special order parts are nonrefundable.
Exchange cores must be turned in at the time of purchase or a core charge will be made. The core charge will be refunded if the core is returned wthin 30 days, complete and drained of fluids.
The obligation of the warrantor is limited to repair, replacement or refund only.